Last updated: February 17, 2013
Our Commitment to Privacy
· We collect offline or on any other company’s apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
· You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Consent to Use Data
Information We Collect
For the effective operation of our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
· Personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address. When using our App, you may also voluntarily provide certain other personal information and content, such as locations and activities, which will be publicly displayed to other users and on third-party sites, apps and services in accordance with your settings.
· With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit in order to provide services to you.
· If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
· Communications between you and StatusOwl. In addition, we may send you Service-related messages (e.g. changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security noticed).
· We may collect your real-time, precise geographic location as part of your user profile and for other users to access. This information is collected from your device’s active GPS. This location tracking of your device occurs only when you sign into your user account for the first time, or when while logged in you click the link labeled “Detect my location” from the menu. If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App, opt out at any time or delete it from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
· Mobile Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and store personally identifiable information to provide our Services to you. For example, we may use your information to:
· Provide our Services and features requested by you,
· Facilitate your participation in reviews through our Services,
· Improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of our Services,
· Personalize content and advertising that may be of interest to you,
· Conduct marketing research,
· Respond to your inquiries,
· Send you electronic messages or updates,
· Generate user history and data on your participation in activities through our Services,
· Generate statistics on usage of our Services,
· Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns,
· Diagnose or fix technology problems, and
· Provide other users feedback on your participation in activities.
By using our Services, you understand and agree that we may use your information for the purposes described above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users (and information that does not identify any individual or device) without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To any of our subsidiaries and affiliates,
· To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who may be bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose to them,
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of StatusOwl’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by StatusOwl about our App users is among the assets transferred,
· To third parties to market their products or service to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures, and
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
When you use the App or its contents, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
· Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers,
· Analytics companies,
· Your mobile device manufacturer, and
· Your mobile service provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We aim to protect your information through firewall and password protection systems. Only authorized individuals have access to the personally identifiable information provided by our users. We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes utilizing encryption software that encrypts the personal information you input and storing your information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside our network. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure will never occur. No security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given your or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of the App.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business. When required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information, we will provide this.
Opt Out Abilities
StatusOwl does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that a child under 13 years old has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
Officer for California Privacy Rights
5587 Versailles Avenue,
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
Our servers and data centers are located in the United States. If you choose to use the App Services from outside the U.S., then you should know that you are transferring your personal information outside of your region and into the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing your personal information to us through your use of the App, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the App. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
How to Contact Us